The term “LED” has become more and more familiar to us over the past few years. We are now using LED technology in ways that are now commonplace in our everyday lives. From automobile lamps, to lighting our way in the wee hours when we are scrounging the fridge for a midnight snack! Advances in technology now provide us with LED light that breaks all the barriers in terms of color quality, energy efficiency and durability. Case in point; if you have ever looked at your outdoor lighting and thought “I really wish I would’ve chosen an LED system instead” — now is the perfect time! As is the case with many homeowners who either did not get on the boat with LED when they initially had their existing lighting installed, and those whose existing system was installed at a time when LED outdoor lighting was not as accessible. The good news is all is not lost. Converting your existing outdoor lighting system to LED is a viable option for many homeowners and well within reach.
After hearing this good news, you are probably among the many Greenville and Western NC homeowners asking “where do I start?”
First, your system will have to be inspected to see if LED conversion is possible. Most traditional outdoor lighting systems such as halogen can easily be converted to LED. In addition, if your system has been well maintained during it’s lifetime it stands a greater chance at being a suitable candidate for LED conversion as well. In most cases the conversion consists of only a lighting implement (or bulb) conversion. Even in the event that your existing system is older, we can provide an LED equivalent to any fixtures that do not meet criteria for conversion through bulb implementation due to their age or qualifications. Our outdoor lighting professional can inspect your existing system and determine if your system is a candidate for conversion. Once your system is deemed fit to undergo the conversion, you can start enjoying the many benefits of LED outdoor lighting.
- LED outdoor lighting systems consume up to 90% less energy than traditional outdoor lighting systems. This energy efficiency will be evident time you pay your electrical bill. These savings are so significant upgrading to LED will pay for itself over time!
- LED outdoor lighting systems have longevity evident through longer lasting bulbs that need replacement less often. For example a typical halogen bulb will burn for approximately 2,000 to 4,000 hours, whereas an LED will last a whopping 50,000+ operating hours!
- LED is a green-burning, eco-friendly technology because it leaves less of a carbon footprint on the environment. LED’s produce less greenhouse gases by reduced carbon dioxide emissions than traditional lighting. LED’s also contain no harmful chemical such as mercury that makes handling and disposal dangerous.
- LED’s are UV free which means no ultraviolet rays which are prone to attract insects. This means using LED in your landscape, deck and patio lighting installation will give you peace of mind in not attracting insects that can invade your outdoor living enjoyment.
- LED’s are more durable and resilient than other systems. They are shock resistant, and also react better to changes in temperature, weather conditions and repeated cycling. LED’s will better meet the demands needed by a bulb placed in outdoor situations.
If you are ready to make a change for the better, an LED conversion may be the perfect fit for your outdoor lighting needs. So what are you waiting for? Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of Greenville can take care of all your outdoor lighting need including design, upgrades,installation and maintenance of your lights. From start to finish, LED, holiday and special event lighting, we are the outdoor lighting company you keep. Contact us today to learn more at 864-292-0002 or greenville.outdoorlights.com.